Saturday, July 31, 2010

Road Trip

~For my birthday (last Wednesday), I decided to go on a road trip to Fairfax, Virginia, because I wanted to experience the joys of D.C.-area traffic.  Ok, I was actually in the area for an interview, but I did manage to look around the town a bit and take a few pictures:

^ The Fairfax Museum and Visitor Center.  I found some useful maps here.  I didn't have time to look through the museum, but it's supposed to have an impressive Civil War collection and displays.

^ University Boulevard, just outside of the gigantic Fairfax City Regional Library (which, of course, I had to visit).


^ Fenwick Library, on the main (Fairfax) campus of George Mason University.  This picture doesn't do it justice; there's a huge tower connected to it just to the right of this image, housing the main stacks.

^ The Johnson Center at George Mason University, a sort of combined student union, library, computer center, and office building.  Also, as I found out, a good place to get a late lunch.

^ Guess who?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that's a handsome, young librarian!
-Kristin